This is something I came to know recently about, as my son was not keeping well, had an infection and one of my relative had advised to have Cranberries.
Cranberries are small, red berries and mainly grow in the cooler regions of the world such as Canada, the United States and Europe. They have a tart taste to them, but they are loaded with antioxidants and many essential nutrients. There are many health benefits of Cranberries, and you can make them a part of your daily diet by eating the whole berry, drinking the juice, or taking a supplement. Here are ten health benefits of Cranberries.
1. Treats Urinary Tract Infections– Cranberry juice can help block urinary tract infections. It contains proanthocyanidins, which help to prevent E.coli bacteria from sticking to the walls of the uterus and bladder. One glass of juice a day is all you need to prevent and heal urinary tract infections.
2. Fights Cancers– Laboratory studies shows that Cranberry extracts prevent Breast cancer cells from multiplying. Other cancers that may be prevented by using Cranberries are colon, prostate and lung.
3. Fights Heart Diseases– Cranberries are good for the heart in several ways. They help to lower the bad cholesterol levels and also help to prevent plaque from forming on arterial walls. As a result the chances of stroke are reduced and if you have suffered from a stroke, cranberries, will help you recover from it.
4. Avoids kidney and bladder problems– Cranberries contain citric acid and other nutrients that can help prevent kidney stones and other kidney and bladder problems.
5. Prevents Dental problems– Consuming Cranberries on a regular basis can help you to avoid dental problems like gingivitis, gum diseases, cavities and plaque build up.
6. Promotes weight loss– Cranberries are high in antioxidants, which help you to flush out your system. This in turn improves your metabolism and digestive system so that you can begin to lose weight quicker.
7. Anti-aging properties– Antioxidants in Cranberries will help your body to get rid of all free radicals which contribute to the aging process. They will not only help your skin to look young, but your internal organs will be able to function longer without problems.
8. Improves Mental Health– Cranberries can also lift up your moods by relieving stress, anxiety and depression. Studies show they are good for your brain and will help to improve your memory.
9. Strengthens the Immune system– The antioxidants work very hard to flush out the toxins, which in turn improve the immune system of our body.
10. Relieves skin problems– Skin conditions such as acne, dermatitis, psoriasis and eczema can be all healed by cranberries.
For optimum health benefits consume fresh cranberries and make your own juice at home with a juicer or opt for, 100 percent unsweetened pure cranberry juice.
Having known all these health benefits, how can you now avoid consuming them. So rush to the stores and get them.